From: Gregory Ewing on
>>On Thu, 20 May 2010 02:45:10 -0700 (PDT), Jimoid
>><jimmy.cullen(a)gmail.com> declaimed the following in
>>gmane.comp.python.general:
>>
>>>I've now had a closer look at both pyODBC and mxODBC and it seems to
>>>me that they both require the database to be running to be able to
>>>query it. Is this correct?

If you mean that an instance of MS Access has to be running,
no, I don't think so. The ODBC driver for Access databases
knows how to open .mdb files itself. I've done this myself
recently, and it seems to work fine without having Access
running anywhere.

--
Greg
From: Jimoid on
This is perfect if the python ODBC driver can read the .mdb without
the need for it to be running elsewhere.

Thanks all for your help.