From: Narendra Sisodiya on
I have some xml files which are zipped. I want to read them using
Ajax (Javascript). may anybody suggest some way to do so??

I otherway, Do http protocol support reading or getting files inside a
zip file?

Something like
http://localhost/MySlideshow.odp{/Images/Thumbnail.png}
??
I want to get such files using Ajax. Do we have any possible solution
at client side where we get one zip file and unzip using Javascript
and read files ?
From: rf on

"Narendra Sisodiya" <narendra.sisodiya(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have some xml files which are zipped. I want to read them using
> Ajax (Javascript). may anybody suggest some way to do so??
>
> I otherway, Do http protocol support reading or getting files inside a
> zip file?
>
> Something like
> http://localhost/MySlideshow.odp{/Images/Thumbnail.png}
> ??
> I want to get such files using Ajax.

If you are using Ajax then you are calling a server side process. Do it on
the server. Zip is fully supported by server side things such as PHP.

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Narendra Sisodiya wrote:

> I have some xml files which are zipped,

"Zipped" as in "ZIP archive" (of many files)?

> I want to read them using Ajax (Javascript). may anybody suggest some way
> to do so??

Yes.

> I otherway, Do http protocol support reading or getting files inside a
> zip file?

No. HTTP supports transparent gzip compression and decompression, though.

> Something like
> http://localhost/MySlideshow.odp{/Images/Thumbnail.png}
> ??

Whether that can work does not depend on the transport protocol, but on the
server side. Certainly the server would need to serve only the image
resource then.

> I want to get such files using Ajax.

Possible, but whether the payload can be put to use would probably depend on
the user agent supporting `data:' URLs.

> Do we have any possible solution at client side where we get one zip file
> and unzip using Javascript and read files ?

Unlikely.

<http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>

PointedEars
From: "Michael Haufe ("TNO")" on
On Dec 7, 10:54 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
wrote:

> Possible, but whether the payload can be put to use would probably depend on
> the user agent supporting `data:' URLs.

I believe most, if not all major browsers offer a means to obtain a
"binary" string through XmlHttpRequest with or without the use of a
custom overridemimetype.
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Michael Haufe ("TNO") wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Possible, but whether the payload can be put to use would probably depend
>> on the user agent supporting `data:' URLs.
>
> I believe most, if not all major browsers offer a means to obtain a
> "binary" string through XmlHttpRequest with or without the use of a
> custom overridemimetype.

Apparently you have not understood what I said. Of course it is possible to
obtain the "binary" string (the payload I was talking about). And then what?

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <cife6q$253$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk> (2004)