From: David De Bono on
Hi!

Why we need Unicode; for example when the user has a
russian/chinese/japanese keyboard.

If you go in regional settings and add for example a russian keyboard layout
you will get russian characters when typing on your keyboard.

Have not looked so much into ToUnicode yet, but in order to use that I first
need a the virtual keycode for the key pressed.

The keydown event does not work because it only returns a 8 bit code.

David

i288r3$ran$1(a)news.eternal-september.org ...

From: Henning on
bottomposting <again>

"David De Bono" <er_fortsatt(a)hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi!
>
> Why we need Unicode; for example when the user has a
> russian/chinese/japanese keyboard.
>
> If you go in regional settings and add for example a russian keyboard
> layout you will get russian characters when typing on your keyboard.
>
> Have not looked so much into ToUnicode yet, but in order to use that I
> first need a the virtual keycode for the key pressed.
>
> The keydown event does not work because it only returns a 8 bit code.
>
> David
>
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
> i288r3$ran$1(a)news.eternal-september.org ...
>> Karl E. Peterson explained :
>>> Bob Riemersma explained :

>>> I honestly have no idea. I'm just another ignorant 'mercan on that
>>> count. :-/
>>
>> But regardless, that ToUnicode function certainly implies their use can
>> be interpreted in that way, no?
>>
>> --
>> .NET: It's About Trust!
>> http://vfred.mvps.org

AFAIK there is no language specific keyboard, except for keytop labels. It
only delivers RAW keycodes. The keyboard driver and the selected code page
is what is different.

/Henning

From: Cor on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ

From: Henning on

"Cor" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> skrev i meddelandet

>> AFAIK there is no language specific keyboard, except for keytop labels.
>> It
>> only delivers RAW keycodes. The keyboard driver and the selected code
>> page is what is different.
>>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ

I'm not sure if this is ment to correct me or amplify what I said?
I take it for ampifying "except keytop labels".

/Henning

From: Karl E. Peterson on
David De Bono used his keyboard to write :
> Have not looked so much into ToUnicode yet, but in order to use that I first
> need a the virtual keycode for the key pressed.
>
> The keydown event does not work because it only returns a 8 bit code.

But it provides a trigger for a call to GetKeyboardState? Of course,
you could simply subclass the window(s) you're interested in, and
monitor input directly.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org