From: Alan Cox on
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:00:05 -0500
Nick Bowler <nbowler(a)elliptictech.com> wrote:

> Continuing the theme from the last release cycle -- my PCI-express
> et131x card (which works in 2.6.32) fails in the latest Linus git. The
> card works at first (DHCP and NFS mounts during bootup are OK) but
> quickly fails once any reasonable traffic is put through it. Transmit
> seems to continue to work after a failure, but receive is mostly dead
> forever -- the occasional frame appears to make it through. The kernel
> log contains many messages of the following form:
>
> et131x 0000:02:00.0: NICRxPkts PSR Entry 1546 indicates length of 12920 and/or bad bi(614)
> et131x 0000:02:00.0: NICRxPkts PSR Entry 1547 indicates length of 27745 and/or bad bi(92)
> et131x 0000:02:00.0: NICRxPkts PSR Entry 1548 indicates length of 30064 and/or bad bi(116)

Thanks - I'll beat that one over the head Jan 2nd and get it back into
order. What setup are you using and at what speed ?

Alan
From: Nick Bowler on
On 21:08 Tue 29 Dec , Alan Cox wrote:
> Thanks - I'll beat that one over the head Jan 2nd and get it back into
> order.

Great, thanks a lot.

> What setup are you using and at what speed ?

I assume by "setup" you are referring to the network configuration. I'd
copy the ifconfig output for you, but I'm not at the machine right now.
However, it's pretty plain (defaults everywhere -- 1500 byte mtu, one
ipv4 address). I am using gigabit.

--
Nick Bowler, Elliptic Technologies (http://www.elliptictech.com/)