From: Brent on
What is the recommended freeware for archiving license serials before doing
a Windows XP re-install?

I googled and found plenty but I was hoping to find the 'right' one.

The first one I tried was LicenseCrawler 0.42 freeware:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-licensecrawler-to-recover-your-lost-software-serial-numbers/

It reported my serial numbers for:
- Adobe Acrobat serial number
- Belarc Advisor serial number
- Microsoft Windows serial number
- Sonic MyDVD serial number
- TurboTax serial number
etc.

But it didn't report for some reason the Microsoft Office 2007 serial
number.

What is a good freeware application to report serial numbers before we wipe
out and re-install Windows XP Home Edition?
From: Johnw on
Brent submitted this idea :

+2 SIW

1: Left hand column. Software > Licenses.
2: Software > Passwords
3: Top bar. Tools > Win 9x Password Cracker.

From: Johnw on
hmmm formulated the question :
> Johnw <johnmattmel(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:i4201p$9v1$1(a)news.eternal-
> september.org:
>
>> Brent submitted this idea :

> SIW is good and Nirsoft's Produkey also can handle the serial #'s:
>
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
>
> ProduKey is a small utility that displays the ProductID and the CD-Key of
> Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2007), Windows
> (Including Windows 7 and Windows Vista), Exchange Server, and SQL Server
> installed on your computer. You can view this information for your current
> running operating system, or for another operating system/computer - by using
> command-line options. This utility can be useful if you lost the product key
> of your Windows/Office, and you want to reinstall it on your computer.

Yep, there are a lot out there, here are a few more.

Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder
http://magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Softkey Revealer
http://www.blogsdna.com/5641/recover-product-key-of-installed-software-with-softkey-revealer.htm