From: Bwig Zomberi on
Bwig Zomberi wrote:
> Sean Kinsey wrote:
>> On Jun 24, 12:11 am, Rob Christiansen<robb_christian...(a)q.com> wrote:
>>> My program is composed of 3 scripts. Script #1 does its thing, then
>>> Response.Redirects to Script #2,
>>> which in turn Response.Redirects to Script #3. Each script creates
>>> variables which are passed with the former ones on to
>>> the next script - it makes for one long, laborious and complicated
>>> Redirect statement! I was thinking, however, I could
>>> instead put all those variables into an object and then simply pass the
>>> object . Would this work? I tried it, the browser
>>> recognized it as an object, but I couldn't retrieve any data.
>>> ---------------------
>>> CalIOnfo = new Object();
>>>
>>> CalIOnfo.filename = "acal"+ fileyear;
>>> CalIOnfo.databasename = filename +".mdb";
>>> CalIOnfo.calendarfile = filename +".htm";
>>> CalIOnfo.linkfile = filename +".rte";
>>> CalIOnfo.calendarseek = filename +".htm#"+ month ;
>>> CalIOnfo.nextmonth = filemonth;
>>> CalIOnfo.nextmonth++;
>>> if(CalIOnfo.nextmonth == 13 ) CalIOnfo.nextmonth =12;
>>> //.
>>> Response.Redirect("acalen2.asp?CalIOnfo");//
>>>
>>> crazyswede
>>>
>>> *** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***
>>
>> Here you are first declaring an object in javascript, and then passing
>> a _literal_ string to the next script. There is absolutely no
>> correlation between the javascript object and the url, except for the
>> url /coincidentally/ containing the same sequence of characters that
>> is used to name the javascript variable.
>>
>> Why aren't you just saving the object in session?
>>
>> foo.asp
>> Session("foo") = CalIOnfo;
>>
>> bar.asp
>>
>> var CalIOnfo = Session("foo");
>>

> The OP does not seem to draw the difference between client-side and
> server-side Javascript.

The OP does not seem to know the difference between client-side and
server-side Javascript. Here is a book on Server-side JavaScript.

Essential ASP for Web Professional
http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Professionals-Prentice-Hall-Professional/dp/0130304999

> To be on the safe side, like most ASP users, he could try VBscript on
> server and JavaScript on the server.

To be on the safe side, like most ASP users, he could try VBscript on
server and JavaScript on the client.

--
Bwig Zomberi