From: GS on
Kay formulated on Saturday :
> Thanks Joel...I usually check Chip's site first, but didn't this time. I did
> name the ranges so I could refer to the named range in the conditional format
> formula, but I think the formula needs to be more robust.
>
> "Kay" wrote:
>
>> HI all,
>>
>> I hope someone can help me come up with code that will conditionally format
>> a summary sheet(scorecard) based on the conditional formats in another
>> workbook. I used Excel driven conditional formatting in my main data sheet
>> which works great, but the problem is with the final scorecard.
>>
>> The summary is really a scorecard and only needs color indicators. So when
>> I sell products in a country each product has allowable market targets.(high
>> and low). The conditional formatting is easy to do in the database
>> worksheet. The requirements of the scorecard are such that if any one
>> product is red in the database, the metric in the scorecard is flagged with
>> red , if there are no reds but there is a yellow, it flags yellow, etc.
>>
>> Any ideas would be very appreciated.

$0.02...
Curious! -Is there some reason why the CF applied to the source data
sheets can't be used on the summary scorecard sheets? Seems odd that
whatever CF criteria was used to 'flag' cells on the source sheets
can't be used on the summary sheet, given they both contain the same
data.

regards,

--
Garry