From: rodmiller on
I'm trying to set up a conditional format that depends on the value resulting
from taking the value of a cell and subtracting value in the cell above. I
assume this would be a conditional format based on a formula? Don't know
where to begin.
From: Eduardo on
Hi,
Not clear what you want to achieve an example will definetely help

From: Jim Thomlinson on
You are a little thin on details but here is the theory. CF's want a formula
that returns true or false. If the result is True then the CF is applied. So
for examle if I want to know when the value of Cell A2 not greater A1
(greater than/equal to is not an issue) then I would use a formula such as
this
=A2<A1

So that when A2 is smaller than A1 the formula results in true and the CF is
applied.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Dan on
for being in cell F8: probably use middle one, but have heard offset
functions might be something called volatile.. make sheet recalc that cell on
every recalculation.. might not apply since in a cond. format anyways, and
already volatile?

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsi.htm

=F8-OFFSET(F8,-1,0)
=IF(F8-OFFSET(F8,-1,0)>5,TRUE)
=IF(F8-OFFSET(F8,-1,0)>5,TRUE,FALSE)

"rodmiller" wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a conditional format that depends on the value resulting
> from taking the value of a cell and subtracting value in the cell above. I
> assume this would be a conditional format based on a formula? Don't know
> where to begin.

Pages: 1
Prev: Surface Chart Legend
Next: need formula help