From: SiamLover on
Thanks Jonathan,

For all your help long time ago. Started with port-forwarding
stuff till badly working Upnp modems.
I will always remember the good time on this NG.

heian

From: Moldy Cheese on

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> 2001. Interestingly, up until a year ago, I had a perfect newsgroup record - that is, never
> missing a day of posts, including weekends, holidays and small surgeries. As Microsoft's
> Netscan service has been shut down for some time and Google and other web services haven't
> processed the groups from the beginning, an exact post total isn't available, but according
> to my Sent Items, I have posted around 50,000 posts in my 9 year messenger newsgroup career.
>
> As for Messenger itself, the product remains the top instant messaging client statistically,
> but some recent decisions both in the latest iteration of the 2009 client and upcoming 2010
> client have saddened me and my impression of the product. Frankly Messenger has such
> potential to be an amazing, indispensable, collaborative communication tool for work,
> education and recreation. I do hope it reaches its true potential someday.
>
> Although I do wish that Microsoft would continue to delight us with their own ideas, they
> really do need to listen to the feedback of their public and Messenger community. This is an
> area that really needs improvement, as situations such as the recent removal of Webcam really
> shows that Microsoft doesn't grasp how their users actually use their product. Additionally,
> there are plenty of features within the product that are in dire need of updating, from
> message logging/history to the emoticon picker.
>
> As the full end of the Microsoft newsgroups draws nearer in the coming months (the smaller
> groups like this one close sooner), it really is the end of an era for me. As I first
> started frequenting the groups when I was 14 (now 27, almost 28), losing the groups is like
> losing an old friend. They will be missed.
>
> So, anyone reading this, I bid you goodbye and wish you all the best. If you need to contact
> me directly, my e-mail address attached to these posts should continue to work, or you can
> head over to www.jonathankay.com or www.messengergeek.com to find me. Please feel free to
> drop me a line and say hello, I'd love to hear from you.
>
> I was hoping to have some sort of alternative to the newsgroup by this time, but there have
> only been a few weeks since the announcement of the closure of the groups. The "new home"
> for Messenger support will be the Windows Live Solution Center
> (http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=2), so I will be moving there for the time
> being.
>
> Finally, I'd like to thank those who supported and believed in me all these years including
> Sherry Irwin, Corey Gouker, Dominic Hopton, Mark Salloway, Jonathan Maltz, Tony Hynes, Jeri
> La May, Erwin Lips, John Furda, Jeff Houston, Cyril Paciullo, Stephen Boots, Winston, Robear
> Dyer, any of the other former and present MVPs I've missed, Menno, Mark Vos, and many, many
> others.
>
> Thanks for everything and see you on the flip side.

The group is gone now from msnews.microsoft.com, but Astraweb still has it.

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Still works here, assuming this goes through...

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
(c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
Into the abyss?

From: ...winston on
:)
--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

From: sean nathan bean on
On 5/31/2010 8:03 PM, Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
> [...]
>
> I was hoping to have some sort of alternative to the newsgroup by this time, but there have
> only been a few weeks since the announcement of the closure of the groups. The "new home"
> for Messenger support will be the Windows Live Solution Center
> (http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=2), so I will be moving there for the time
> being.
>
> Finally, I'd like to thank those who supported and believed in me all these years including
> Sherry Irwin, Corey Gouker, Dominic Hopton, Mark Salloway, Jonathan Maltz, Tony Hynes, Jeri
> La May, Erwin Lips, John Furda, Jeff Houston, Cyril Paciullo, Stephen Boots, Winston, Robear
> Dyer, any of the other former and present MVPs I've missed, Menno, Mark Vos, and many, many
> others.
>
> Thanks for everything and see you on the flip side.

i have been an infrequent user, but whenever i have been in need you
have always been there to help... it has been tremendously appreciated

many thanks...

Godspeed on your new journeys in life...

sean

--
We all time-share the same atoms.
~ Lily Tomlin's Trudy the Bag Lady

** taglines brought to you by tagzilla 0.066.2