From: Proud Japanese on
Hi,

We are thinking of converting our proprietary client/server
interaction to a RESTful architecture. I wanted to know how to go
about it. For efficiency our client issues a request package that
has multiple commands and the server sends back a consolidated
response. The consolidated response has its own header but the
response body is partitioned into various sections, each section
providing the status of the corresponding command. Our constraint is
to retain this transaction model (i.e. sending multiple commands in
one request message and receiving multiple responses in one response
message). Does REST make sense for us? Can we leverage the RESTful
architecture within our constraints?

Apologies in advance if this is OT.

Thanks,
Hayato