From: "Joshua Lee" on
I install updates of OpenOffice every time they come out. There used to
be 4 buttons:

1. Register now

2. Register Latter

3. I have already Registered

4. I do not want to register.

I just installed the latest version and "I have already registered" was
not an option. Why not? In my case the other 3 options are useless and
make no sense.

________________________________

Joshua R. Lee

Senior Software Engineer
Global Telecom & Technology
8484 Westpark Drive, Suite 720
McLean, VA 22102 USA

Office +1 (703) 442-5500 ext 528
Direct +1 (703) 442-5528

Cell +1 (302) 824-6858
Fax +1 (703) 442-5595

Joshua.Lee(a)GT-T.net

The information in this transmittal (including attachments, if any) is
confidential, is intended only for the use of the individual named
above, and includes information which is or may be legally privileged.
Any review, use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution of
the information in this transmittal other than by the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error,
please notify me by e-mail immediately and delete the original message,
any and all attachments, and all copies from all locations in your
computer systems.

From: Bernhard Dippold on
Hi Joshua, *

Joshua Lee schrieb:
> I install updates of OpenOffice every time they come out. There used to
> be 4 buttons:
>
> 1. Register now
>
> 2. Register Latter
>
> 3. I have already Registered
>
> 4. I do not want to register.
>

> I just installed the latest version and "I have already registered" was
> not an option. Why not? In my case the other 3 options are useless and
> make no sense.

I noticed this some time ago and asked some of the developers about it.

I've been told, that this registration is not about collecting names and
mailing addresses of people using OpenOffice.org for promotional and
support reasons.

The reason for this registration is counting the numbers of people
downloading and installing one single version of the program.

Therefore it is reasonable to register every new version you download.

The option "I have already registered" would only make sense, if you
removed and re-installed the same version of OOo.

In this case just click on "I do not want to register" (again).

As I said - that's only what I've been told. If one of the people
involved in collecting this data wants to give us more or better
information, please do so.

Perhaps this could lead to an improved wording in the installation
process...

Best regards

Bernhard

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: jonathon on

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org