From: Peter Foldes on
Tim

> Creating a System Restore point is not quite the same thing as creating a registry
> backup

Yes it is

--
Peter

"Tim Meddick" <timmeddick(a)gawab.com> wrote in message
> Creating a System Restore point is not quite the same thing as creating a registry
> backup.

<snip>

From: Tim Meddick on

Perhaps I am wrong about not saving user settings.

I assumed that since no changes to the "personal" [My Documents] folder are saved
(or, indeed, no changes to the "Home" [profile] folder) that personal settings would
not be saved either.

But I will certainly defer to your greater experience.

I apologise.

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

From: Tim Meddick on
No, it isn't - if I create a registry backup I don't expect copies of changed system
files in the Windows' [system] folders to be saved along with it.

System Restore saves more than just a straight registry backup, so that any changes
made to system files within the Windows system folder may be undone in a "restore".

So to say that "System Restore" = "Registry Backup" is incorrect.

It's more like : "System Restore" = "Registry Backup" + "Copies of any modified
system files within Windows"

==