From: bilm on
Is there a program that can rebuild the registry from the last restore point
that works in DOS mode ?

When I get a crash caused by a corrupt registry, Windows won't boot.
I'm familiar with the pains taking method where the Windows install DVD is
used with the Recovery Console. Lots of typing and rebooting.

I was hoping for an easier way.

thanks,

bilm

From: Leonard Grey on
Open the search engine of your choice (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) and
use this as your search term:

backup the windows XP registry

The Windows registry can't be restored from DOS mode.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: bilm on
> The Windows registry can't be restored from DOS mode.
Leonard that's not true. I just spent hours today doing exactly that.

If you google on "restore windows XP registry DOS" you'll
find lots of examples. Here's one ...
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1032874.html

I was just hoping there was a program that ran in DOS and did it all.

bilm

From: SC Tom on
You do realize the article refers to Windows 9x, don't you?
--
SC Tom

From: Leonard Grey on
That article is dated August 7, 2000! Do you think it applies to Windows XP?

In any case, DOS can't read an NTFS-formatted partition.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est