From: JAW on

5 PEARL

999 Pearl
5 perl

Basically I have a dirty street address filed that could have any
number of spaces between the street number and street name.

I am trying to compose something I can place in the ORACLE REGEXP_LIKE
function.

From: Ed Morton on
On 6/1/2010 7:25 PM, JAW wrote:

> 5 PEARL
>
> 999 Pearl
> 5 perl
>

> Basically I have a dirty street address filed that could have any
> number of spaces between the street number and street name.
>

> I am trying to compose something I can place in the ORACLE REGEXP_LIKE
> function.

OK, then tell us what "the ORACLE REGEXP_LIKE function" (whatever that is)
expects as input.

Ed.
From: Ben Finney on
JAW <willjamu(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to compose something I can place in the ORACLE REGEXP_LIKE
> function.

Is that part of a Unix shell? I'm not sure what this question is doing
in this newsgroup.

Perhaps you're looking for one of the 'comp.databases.oracle.*'
newsgroups, which would be a better place to ask questions about Oracle
RDBMS functions.

--
\ “I think it would be a good idea.” —Mohandas K. Gandhi (when |
`\ asked what he thought of Western civilization) |
From: Harry on
Harry wrote...

>JAW wrote...
>>

>>5 PEARL
>>
>>999 Pearl
>>5 perl
>>

>>Basically I have a dirty street address filed that could have any
>>number of spaces between the street number and street name.
>>

>>I am trying to compose something I can place in the ORACLE REGEXP_LIKE
>>function.
>
>It's OT in c.u.s.
>
>Perphaps you want this.
>
>select
> Customer_Name,
> Address
>from
> Customer_Table
>where
> REGEXP_LIKE(Address, '^[1-9]+[ ]+[A-Z]+', i);

I meant

REGEXP_LIKE(Address, '^[1-9][0-9]*[ ]+[A-Z]+', 'i');