From: Dhiraj Chatpar on
Hi,

I am looking for a solution where i would be able to configure one postfix
instance in such a way that it rotates multiple relayhosts and acts as a
host that relays emails to multiple hosts. For eg. we currently have the
option of entering just one relayhost = xx.xx.xx.xx. However i need a
solution where i shuld be able to map multiple relayhosts and make postfix
relay via those list of hosts.

P.S. The ports also might be different in some cases.

Rgds
Dhiraj
From: Eero Volotinen on
Quoting Dhiraj Chatpar <dchatpar(a)gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a solution where i would be able to configure one postfix
> instance in such a way that it rotates multiple relayhosts and acts as a
> host that relays emails to multiple hosts. For eg. we currently have the
> option of entering just one relayhost = xx.xx.xx.xx. However i need a
> solution where i shuld be able to map multiple relayhosts and make postfix
> relay via those list of hosts.
>
> P.S. The ports also might be different in some cases.

You can use iptables for that or make dns round robin entry and point
relayhost to that hostname.

--
Eero

From: Dhiraj Chatpar on
can you please give me a tutorial to achieve this?

Joan Crawford<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joan_crawford.html>
- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I
spend."

From: Eero Volotinen on
Quoting Dhiraj Chatpar <dchatpar(a)gmail.com>:

> can you please give me a tutorial to achieve this?

See the:
http://cormander.com/blog/2008/05/round-robin-balancing-with-iptables/
and http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch9/rr.html

--
Eero

From: Dhiraj Chatpar on
I believe there is an option within postfix too to achieve this?

Ogden Nash <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html> -
"The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."