From: "John A." on
--
***************************
Jonathan Amiez
Administrateur système
ja(a)edatis.com
it-paris(a)edatis.com
admin(a)edatis.com
***************************
Le mardi 13 juillet 2010 13:15:36, Jerry a écrit :
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:42:42 +0200
>
> John A. <ja(a)edatis.com> articulated:
> > I tried to use transport as following:
> >
> > transport_maps = local.cf remote.cf
> > - local.cf contains a sql query which returns "virtual" if the
> > "user(a)domain" matches.
> > - remote.cf contains a sql query which return "smtp:[mail.gateway]" if
> > the domain matches.
> >
> > Did this according to TABLE SEARCH ORDER section of transport(5), but it
> > still doesn't work.
> > Local users are finely delivered but I get "Recipient address rejected:
> > User unknown in virtual mailbox table" for remote users.
> >
> > As I said, I'm still not (yet :)) very familiar with Postfix.
> > Could somebody tell what am I missing ?
>
> Well, for starters you are 'top posting'. If you are not sure what that
> means, Google for it.
>
> Did you read the information at:
> <http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html>
>
> In particular, post the output of 'postconf -n'.

Oups, sorry for top posting, I'm quite a mailing list newbie!

Here is my postconf -n (don't pay attention to the domain name, it's testing)
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
config_directory = /etc/postfix
inet_interfaces = all
mydestination = $myhostname localhost.$mydomain localhost
mydomain = edatis.cam
myhostname = mparis
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 10.0.0.0/22 192.168.2.69
myorigin = $mydomain
relayhost = [mxhub.$mydomain]
transport_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport-fr.cf
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport-tn.cf
virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-users-fr.cf
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-aliases.cf
virtual_gid_maps = static:105
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail
virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-domains.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-boxes-fr.cf
virtual_uid_maps = static:102

I put the smtpd service in verbose mode and I notice several things:
After the RCPT TO, I can see this:

resolve_clnt: `' -> `sk(a)edatis.cam' -> transp=`smtp' host=`[mxhub.edatis.cam]'
rcpt=`sk(a)edatis.cam' flags= class=virtual

-> "sk" is a user of the remote server and the transport is properly set to
the mail gateway => GOOD

But, after there is the ">>> CHECKING RECIPIENT MAPS <<<" step, which fails to
find a matching entry for the address.

I don't know why the mail is not directly relayed after the transport match.

To be continued :)

From: "John A." on
Le mardi 13 juillet 2010 14:12:22, John A. a écrit :
> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:42:42 +0200
> >
> > John A. <ja(a)edatis.com> articulated:
> > > I tried to use transport as following:
> > >
> > > transport_maps = local.cf remote.cf
> > > - local.cf contains a sql query which returns "virtual" if the
> > > "user(a)domain" matches.
> > > - remote.cf contains a sql query which return "smtp:[mail.gateway]" if
> > > the domain matches.
> > >
> > > Did this according to TABLE SEARCH ORDER section of transport(5), but
> > > it still doesn't work.
> > > Local users are finely delivered but I get "Recipient address rejected:
> > > User unknown in virtual mailbox table" for remote users.
> > >
> > > As I said, I'm still not (yet :)) very familiar with Postfix.
> > > Could somebody tell what am I missing ?
> >
> > Well, for starters you are 'top posting'. If you are not sure what that
> > means, Google for it.
> >
> > Did you read the information at:
> > <http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html>
> >
> > In particular, post the output of 'postconf -n'.
>
> Oups, sorry for top posting, I'm quite a mailing list newbie!
>
> Here is my postconf -n (don't pay attention to the domain name, it's
> testing) alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
> append_dot_mydomain = no
> biff = no
> config_directory = /etc/postfix
> inet_interfaces = all
> mydestination = $myhostname localhost.$mydomain localhost
> mydomain = edatis.cam
> myhostname = mparis
> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 10.0.0.0/22 192.168.2.69
> myorigin = $mydomain
> relayhost = [mxhub.$mydomain]
> smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Debian/GNU)
> transport_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport-fr.cf
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport-tn.cf
> virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-users-fr.cf
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-aliases.cf
> virtual_gid_maps = static:105
> virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail
> virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-domains.cf
> virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-boxes-fr.cf
> virtual_uid_maps = static:102
>
> I put the smtpd service in verbose mode and I notice several things:
> After the RCPT TO, I can see this:
>
> resolve_clnt: `' -> `sk(a)edatis.cam' -> transp=`smtp'
> host=`[mxhub.edatis.cam]' rcpt=`sk(a)edatis.cam' flags= class=virtual
>
> -> "sk" is a user of the remote server and the transport is properly set to
> the mail gateway => GOOD
>
> But, after there is the ">>> CHECKING RECIPIENT MAPS <<<" step, which fails
> to find a matching entry for the address.
>
> I don't know why the mail is not directly relayed after the transport
> match.
>
> To be continued :)

I forgot to say that:

When I use the "mail" command from the server, email is delivered correctly to
the destination server through the gateway.
However, when I telnet to the server (or use my desktop's kmail), I get the
User unknown error.

And sorry for top posting my sig again...

From: "John A." on
Le mardi 13 juillet 2010 17:47:21, John A. a écrit :
> Le mardi 13 juillet 2010 14:12:22, John A. a écrit :
> > > On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:42:42 +0200
> > >
> > > John A. <ja(a)edatis.com> articulated:

> > > Well, for starters you are 'top posting'. If you are not sure what that
> > > means, Google for it.
> > >
> > > Did you read the information at:
> > > <http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html>
> > >
> > > In particular, post the output of 'postconf -n'.
> >
> > Oups, sorry for top posting, I'm quite a mailing list newbie!
> >
> > Here is my postconf -n (don't pay attention to the domain name, it's
> > testing) alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
> > append_dot_mydomain = no
> > biff = no
> > config_directory = /etc/postfix
> > inet_interfaces = all
> > mydestination = $myhostname localhost.$mydomain localhost
> > mydomain = edatis.cam
> > myhostname = mparis
> > mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 10.0.0.0/22 192.168.2.69
> > myorigin = $mydomain
> > relayhost = [mxhub.$mydomain]
> > smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Debian/GNU)
> > transport_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport-fr.cf
> > proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport-tn.cf
> > virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-users-fr.cf
> > proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-aliases.cf
> > virtual_gid_maps = static:105
> > virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail
> > virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-domains.cf
> > virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-boxes-fr.cf
> > virtual_uid_maps = static:102
> >
> > I put the smtpd service in verbose mode and I notice several things:
> > After the RCPT TO, I can see this:
> >
> > resolve_clnt: `' -> `sk(a)edatis.cam' -> transp=`smtp'
> > host=`[mxhub.edatis.cam]' rcpt=`sk(a)edatis.cam' flags= class=virtual
> >
> > -> "sk" is a user of the remote server and the transport is properly set
> > to the mail gateway => GOOD
> >
> > But, after there is the ">>> CHECKING RECIPIENT MAPS <<<" step, which
> > fails to find a matching entry for the address.
> >
> > I don't know why the mail is not directly relayed after the transport
> > match.
> >
> > To be continued :)
>
> I forgot to say that:
>
> When I use the "mail" command from the server, email is delivered correctly
> to the destination server through the gateway.
> However, when I telnet to the server (or use my desktop's kmail), I get the
> User unknown error.
>
> And sorry for top posting my sig again...

Hello.

I'm coming back because I'm still stuck at the same point.
I posted my config in he previous message so if somebody could give me advice
or idea...

Thanks by advance.