From: Benj on
On Aug 9, 11:40 am, bert <herbertglazie...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 10:26 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
> > Albert Einstein
>
> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> Reality is religion can only create darkness biggest pain as proven
> TreBert

Hey, Paraberts.

You guys haven't a clue. But since I love beating my head against the
wall I'll give you both a hint.

Star Trek Scenario:

The Enterprise is in orbit about some primitive planet in a backwater
of the universe. The place in inhabited by a primitive race of
humanoids mostly given to predatory practices such as chopping each
other with sharp objects in order to steal valuables and enslave each
other.

An away team beams down for whatever reason and encounters one or more
particularly impressive humans. The human upon seening the team falls
on his (their) face to worship these gods! Kirk tells them to get up
off their knees and that they are humans just as they are. The humans
have a million questions and the team tries diligently to explain
advanced science to the primitive humans, but alas, it's a hopeless
task a lot like trying to explain physics to a bunch of ants!
Nevertheless they try their best, but of course are not allowed to
actually impart technology that the humans could actually build since
that would violate the "prime directive" and interfere with self-
development. However, some general known physical laws and explanation
are permissible.

And then the team beams up and flies away. The few humans who
experienced this are mightily impressed by what they've seen. To them
it's clearly "miraculous". They try to preserve as much of what
they've learned in as great a detail as possible, but of course they
are hampered by their limited understanding of the principles
involved. Nevertheless they try to be as accurate as they know how.
The whole story is so strange and powerful that the stories are passed
on in history from generation to generation, changing slightly as time
goes on to be sure, but nevertheless retaining a great deal of the
original teachings.

These codified and preserved teachings are of course NOT science. They
are descriptions of advanced science by a primitive people. They are
now dogma and simply taken and repeated on only faith. They have
become what is called "religion".

The critical phase, of course, occurs when human science finally
advances enough to begin to start to understand what all those
dogmatic descriptions just MIGHT be talking about! This is where we
are now, for those with the eyes (and brains) to see it.
From: BURT on
On Aug 9, 3:09 pm, Benj <bjac...(a)iwaynet.net> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 11:40 am, bert <herbertglazie...(a)msn.com> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 7, 10:26 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
> > > Albert Einstein
>
> > > Mitch Raemsch
>
> > Reality is religion can only create darkness  biggest pain as proven
> > TreBert
>
> Hey, Paraberts.
>
> You guys haven't a clue. But since I love beating my head against the
> wall I'll give you both a hint.
>
> Star Trek Scenario:
>
> The Enterprise is in orbit about some primitive planet in a backwater
> of the universe. The place in inhabited by a primitive race of
> humanoids mostly given to predatory practices such as chopping each
> other with sharp objects in order to steal valuables and enslave each
> other.
>
> An away team beams down for whatever reason and encounters one or more
> particularly impressive humans. The human upon seening the team falls
> on his (their) face to worship these gods! Kirk tells them to get up
> off their knees and that they are humans just as they are. The humans
> have a million questions and the team tries diligently to explain
> advanced science to the primitive humans, but alas, it's a hopeless
> task a lot like trying to explain physics to a bunch of ants!
> Nevertheless they try their best, but of course are not allowed to
> actually impart technology that the humans could actually build since
> that would violate the "prime directive" and interfere with self-
> development. However, some general known physical laws and explanation
> are permissible.
>
> And then the team beams up and flies away. The few humans who
> experienced this are mightily impressed by what they've seen. To them
> it's clearly "miraculous". They try to preserve as much of what
> they've learned in as great a detail as possible, but of course they
> are hampered by their limited understanding of the principles
> involved. Nevertheless they try to be as accurate as they know how.
> The whole story is so strange and powerful that the stories are passed
> on in history from generation to generation, changing slightly as time
> goes on to be sure, but nevertheless retaining a great deal of the
> original teachings.
>
> These codified and preserved teachings are of course NOT science. They
> are descriptions of advanced science by a primitive people. They are
> now dogma and simply taken and repeated on only faith. They have
> become what is called "religion".
>
> The critical phase, of course, occurs when human science finally
> advances enough to begin to start to understand what all those
> dogmatic descriptions just MIGHT be talking about!  This is where we
> are now, for those with the eyes (and brains) to see it.

Get a brain.

Mitch Raemsch