From: Marcus on

"Alias" <aka(a)maskedandanymous.org.invalido> wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
> Greg Russell wrote:
>> In news:OU1MWk99KHA.420(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
>> nntp(a)microsoft.com<nntp(a)microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>>> What is Happening?
>>> the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily
>>> decreasing for the past several years while customers ...
>>
>> ... migrate to open-source operating systems and software.
>
> Which is roughly equivalent to dating a blow-up doll.

Going from Windows to Open Source is more like going from an old hag to
a young, beautiful babe.

--
Alias

Now you guys are getting me all excited! At my age that's no small feat.

Kernel

From: Julie on

"Alias" <aka(a)maskedandanymous.org.invalido> wrote in message
> HeyBub wrote:
>> Greg Russell wrote:
>>> In news:OU1MWk99KHA.420(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
>>> nntp(a)microsoft.com<nntp(a)microsoft.com> typed:

>>> ... migrate to open-source operating systems and software.
>>
>> Which is roughly equivalent to dating a blow-up doll.
>>

> Going from Windows to Open Source is more like going from an old hag to a
> young, beautiful babe.

Which version though?

From: Twayne on
In news:ht3e68$dm3$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
Alias <aka(a)maskedandanymous.org.invalido> typed:
> HeyBub wrote:
>> Greg Russell wrote:
>>> In news:OU1MWk99KHA.420(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
>>> nntp(a)microsoft.com<nntp(a)microsoft.com> typed:

>>> ... migrate to open-source operating systems and software.
>>
>> Which is roughly equivalent to dating a blow-up doll.
>>

> Going from Windows to Open Source is more like going from
> an old hag to a young, beautiful babe.

If that's what you want. Personally, I want functionality, stability,
reliability and repeatability in a computer. Also, as with young, beautiful
babes, Opens Source isn't always available to do the things you need.
--
HTH,

Twayne`
A realist