From: Rick Merrill on
Roger Gelder wrote:
> "Rick Merrill"<Rick0.merrill(a)gmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> William B. Lurie wrote:
>>> Rick Merrill wrote:
>>>
> snip
>>>
>> Install the Microsoft NNTP Bridge
>> http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/
>> and you'll have it all again.

> Alas, not.
> Downloaded both bridges, installed, attempted
> the setting-up, got icons on screen, Double-clicked and....
> No characters, just small squares where characters should be?
>
> Error message 502 Permission denied. Code 800ccc18.
> I suspect the kerfuffle with ID, my name, their name, my
> password, etc,etc.... did me in.
>
> Using OE 6/tools/account/ I set server (for Forums) so:-
> News Account ... connectnews.microsoft.com
> Name ... my ordinary name or Windows ID name?
> Server.... 127.0.0.1
> Advanced News (NNTP) = 120 but ...{Default = 563.?}
> Secure connections... yes.
>
> Any advice PLEASE before this help line disappears for ever
> leaving me clutching a bent MS straw in a rising tide of no Usenet !
> (OK, OK, so I mix my metaphors as well....... )
>
> An unhappy roj

Sorry to leave you hanging ... but maybe you would prefer the forum
instead of the "bridge"?

IOW I don't know the answer to your problem above.

From: William B. Lurie on
Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] wrote:
> Yes that could be true
> However there will be no Microsoft people visiting it.
> Like there is now.
> Russ

Russ, I have gotten good help from MVPs here over the
years and appreciated it very much. Now I'm trying to
follow your advice and have succeeded in registering
in NNTP, in the Forum "Answers.NNTP Bridge".....
I got to microsoft.connect.nntpbridgediscussion
and read some of the postings. I figured that would
be a good starting point.

I didn't find a way to post my own query and as I write
this, I don't even know how to get back where I was.
I suppose I could grope around and maybe find it, but I'd
sure like an icon on my desktop, or a listing in my Mozilla
servers from which entries like msnews.microsoft.com
are going to disappear. I'm sure I'm not the only lost
traveler who needs a helping hand to cross over the bridge.
From: William B. Lurie on
Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] wrote:
> Yes that could be true
> However there will be no Microsoft people visiting it.
> Like there is now.
> Russ

Russ, I have gotten good help from MVPs here over the
years and appreciated it very much. Now I'm trying to
follow your advice and have succeeded in registering
in NNTP, in the Forum "Answers.NNTP Bridge".....
I got to microsoft.connect.nntpbridgediscussion
and read some of the postings. I figured that would
be a good starting point.

I didn't find a way to post my own query and as I write
this, I don't even know how to get back where I was.
I suppose I could grope around and maybe find it, but I'd
sure like an icon on my desktop, or a listing in my Mozilla
servers from which entries like msnews.microsoft.com
are going to disappear. I'm sure I'm not the only lost
traveler who needs a helping hand to cross over the bridge.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Change HD Dynamic to Basic
Next: Do not run at start