From: SANJAY SHAH-MICROBRAIN COMPUTERS PVT. LTD. on
Dear Sir,

I had developed Application using Visual Basic 6, Microsoft SQL Server 2005,
ADO 2.5, DSN having Driver SQL Server

If I run that application in Local Area Network is works very fine.

But If I try to access through Internet then it speed is 100 time slow then
Len.

I wrote one query in Stored Procedure which returns atleast 1500 records.

In Local Area Network it takes only 0.04 Seconds but over internet it takes
4.15 Seconds.

Is it require any special changes in programming to access remote server.

Please Help.

Sanjay Shah

From: Jay Konigsberg on
What is your Internet connection speed and what is your internal speed?

If the LAN is 100 mb and your Internet is 1 mb (both very common values),
then your results are expected.

--
Jay Konigsberg
SQL Server DBA in Sacramento, CA

Live in Sacramento, CA?
Join the Sacramento SQL Server User Group on LinkedIn
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2825448&trk=anet_ug_hm&goback=%2Emyg

"SANJAY SHAH-MICROBRAIN COMPUTERS PVT. LTD." <sanjay(a)microbrain.in> wrote in
message news:eE63$fzzKHA.4752(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...