From: Bicky-Bock on
On 31 Jul., 02:43, Han <handuongs...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is this effected via some ARM code in the internal emulator?
> > Are particular "boot loader" versions required?
>
> Yes, the new ARM opcodes are REMON and REMOFF. The (lack of)
> documentation can be found in
>
> http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/docs/programming/masddocs.zip
>
> It basically says what I already posted: [ON][R] to turn it on and [ON]
> [S] to turn it off. That's all there is.

Most wonderful document - love how the Word version lapses into Greek
occasionally!
From: John H Meyers on
On 7/30/2010 7:43 PM, Han informed:

> The new ARM opcodes are REMON and REMOFF. The (lack of)
> documentation can be found in
>
> http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/docs/programming/masddocs.zip
>
> It basically says what I already posted: [ON][R] to turn it on
> and [ON] [S] to turn it off. That's all there is.

There is unfortunately no explanation of the interface (over USB)
to the calculator, which in turn would have to be utilized
by any program desiring to map some computer keys to some calc keys.

The latter mapping would need to explain not only letter and number keys,
but also cursor, shifts, alpha, arithmetic, Cancel, etc.,
also whether (and how) shifted keys and _held_ keys would be processed.

Finally, the one known computer-side program at www.hpcalc.org is only
for whatever particular (unspecified) flavors of Unix it works with,
in which some assumptions about the computer keyboard seem to be made.

No similar Windows application in sight.

Back to Emu48 for me!

Thanks for such info as was available.

[r->] [OFF]