From: Rob on
Hello All:

Due to insufficient disk space to copy the backup file over, I intend to
perform a local backup on server A and then restore it over the network from
server B. Both servers are joined to two different domains that are not
trusted.

Here's what I've done so far:
1. Taken a backup of the DB on server A
2. From server B, established a network connection to server A (net use
is joined to>\<user name>)
3. From server B, confirmed that I can browse the connection (Start -> Run:
\\<server A>\<drive letter:>)
4. However, when I initiate the restore from server B, using the following
command....

RESTORE DATABASE <DB Name>
WITH REPLACE,
RECOVERY,
STATS=10

....I get the following error:

Msg 3201, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Operating system error 1326(Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
password.).
Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong and ho I may be able resolve this issue.

Thanks.
From: Rob on
I figured it out by usin XP_CMDSHELL....

"Rob" wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> Due to insufficient disk space to copy the backup file over, I intend to
> perform a local backup on server A and then restore it over the network from
> server B. Both servers are joined to two different domains that are not
> trusted.
>
> Here's what I've done so far:
> 1. Taken a backup of the DB on server A
> 2. From server B, established a network connection to server A (net use
> is joined to>\<user name>)
> 3. From server B, confirmed that I can browse the connection (Start -> Run:
> \\<server A>\<drive letter:>)
> 4. However, when I initiate the restore from server B, using the following
> command....
>
> RESTORE DATABASE <DB Name>
> WITH REPLACE,
> RECOVERY,
> STATS=10
>
> ...I get the following error:
>
> Msg 3201, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
> Operating system error 1326(Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
> password.).
> Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
> RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong and ho I may be able resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: Database roles execute
Next: Suspended bcp