From: Brian E McNamee on
After copying data off the web into Excel I get lots of HTMLCheckboxes which
I don't want and bloat the wookbook slowing down loading, processing, and
saving. Any suggestions on deleting all checkboxes??
--
Brian McNamee
From: ryguy7272 on
I think you should import that data so you don't have all that HTML stuff.
Take a look at this:
http://www.mrexcel.com/tip103.shtml

As for deleting the HTML stuff, try this:
Sub DeleteWebObjects()
Cells.Hyperlinks.Delete
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Delete
End Sub

--
Ryan---

From: Brian E McNamee on
Thanks Ryan. The MrExcel add was interesting. I'm actually adding from a
subcription service. The problem isn't simply the hyperlinks, but the fact
that the checkboxes are imbedded in the cell withn the ticker symbol. I
download a list of stocks, then, via a macro, I separate them out to
individual worksheets for each stock and the checkboxes and related code get
replicated. The workbook gets huge and the administration time sucks.

I'll try your recommndation tonight and let you know.
--
Brian McNamee

From: Brian E McNamee on
Sorry, apparently not all the Checkboxes are pictures. The subroutine did
remove some artifacts, but left the nasty ones. The reason I want to get rid
of them: After cutting and pasting, which lost some (retrievable) data, the
Workbook size shrank from 4+ MB 387KB and Open and Closes in a few seconds as
opposed to 10-15 minutes!
--
Brian McNamee

"ryguy7272" wrote:

> I think you should import that data so you don't have all that HTML stuff.
> Take a look at this:
> http://www.mrexcel.com/tip103.shtml
>
> As for deleting the HTML stuff, try this:
> Sub DeleteWebObjects()
> Cells.Hyperlinks.Delete
> ActiveSheet.Pictures.Delete
> End Sub
>
> --
> Ryan---
> If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''.
>

> "Brian E McNamee" wrote:
>
> > After copying data off the web into Excel I get lots of HTMLCheckboxes which
> > I don't want and bloat the wookbook slowing down loading, processing, and
> > saving. Any suggestions on deleting all checkboxes??
> > --
> > Brian McNamee

Pages: 1
Prev: Macro to add worksheet