From: TJAC on
In my spreadsheet there is a column that contains number, 3 on the left,
space, 3 on the right. I want to remove that space. Rather than doing this
in three steps, taking left, then taking right, then joining those together,
is there an easier way to accomplish the same thing.

It currently looks like this 216 123
I want it to be this 216123

I'm sure there is an easier way, but I only know how in three steps.

Thanks!
From: Mike H on
Hi,

One way is to use the formula below in a helper column and then copy the
helper column and paste special|Values back over the original data. you can
then delete the helper column

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")
--
Mike

question.

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:27:02 -0700, TJAC <TJAC(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>In my spreadsheet there is a column that contains number, 3 on the left,
>space, 3 on the right. I want to remove that space. Rather than doing this
>in three steps, taking left, then taking right, then joining those together,
>is there an easier way to accomplish the same thing.
>
>It currently looks like this 216 123
>I want it to be this 216123
>
>I'm sure there is an easier way, but I only know how in three steps.
>
>Thanks!

Another way would be to use FIND/REPLACE
Find what: <space>
Replace with: "just leave this blank"

--ron
From: TJAC on
I wasn't even thinking of something that simple. Thanks!

From: TJAC on
Much easier and faster than mine. Thank you!