From: mnmindbender on
I am running Vista Home Premium with SP1. Since the release of SP2, I have
tried to download and install SP2, but with no success. My system is an
emachine with dual processers, 2 mg of memory and several storage drives.

I have received notice that downloads have been 100%. When I have initiated
installation I endorse the live by box. The installation then makes it to
about the 50% point and then stays at that point. It is difficult to
terminate the installation when that happens. The system is also set to
automatically download and install - same thing happens.

The error code - 8007045B is associated with the failure to install.

I have disabled all firewall and viral protection to download and install.
I have at times disabled user control, etc. - makes no difference.

Suggestions?
--
mnmindbender
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=13014&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).

SP2 Prerequisite Updates may include:

• Description of the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 installation
software feature update (28 Apr-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430

• Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for
Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7 (22 Sept-09
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Have both KB955430 and KB947821 been installed yet?

Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or
Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: "An internal error occurred while
installing the service pack":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967818

Vista SP2 Installation Tips:

• Your computer will restart several times during the installation process:
Make certain you've saved your work and closed all open applications before
beginning the install.

• Disable (1) your anti-virus application, (2) any real-time system
protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
(3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (4) enable the Windows
Firewall _before installing or uninstalling_ Vista SP2.

• The installation process can take an hour or much longer, depending on
server demand. If you're installing SP2 on a portable computer, make sure
that you plug-in the power cord and have the battery inserted into its bay.

• Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows Update
or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com