From: Rachid Abdelkhalak on

Hello List,

I have a mail relay and an internal mail server both under Postfix and
behind a firewall (DMZ and LAN), on both segment i'm using a private IP
address with NAT.

On all outgoing emails headers sent by our users, i can see my servers ip
addresses (private).

Is there any config that i can do to make postfix write hostname instead
of the ip address on the header or replace the private ip address by the
public ip address?

Thank you

Brest regards.

From: Jeroen Geilman on
On 06/27/2010 01:20 PM, Rachid Abdelkhalak wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I have a mail relay and an internal mail server both under Postfix and
> behind a firewall (DMZ and LAN), on both segment i'm using a private
> IP address with NAT.
>
> On all outgoing emails headers sent by our users, i can see my servers
> ip addresses (private).
>
> Is there any config that i can do to make postfix write hostname
> instead of the ip address on the header or replace the private ip
> address by the public ip address?
>
> Thank you
>
> Brest regards.

The format and content of Received: headers is described in detail in
the relevant RFCs.

Make sure you know why you want to mess with them before blundering forward.

J.

From: Rachid Abdelkhalak on

Thank you Jeroen,

My need is to prvent peopel seeing my internal IPs, if i can make my
server write on the header 127.0.0.1 instead instead of the 192.168.0.2 is
will be great.

I see on the header of your mail for example, all Received: tags indicate
127.0.0.1, i want my server to do the same thing if possible.

Thank you

--
|-Rachid Abdelkhalak
|-Network Security Engineer, MTDS

From: Jonathan Tripathy on
Richid,

Why is it a problem that people see your internal IPs?

Thanks

From: Rachid Abdelkhalak on

This is not a problem for me, the end customer's IT boss asked me to see
if it is possible to do it, he dont like to publish theire private IPs for
'Security reasons'.

If it is not possible, i have to give him convincing arguments.

Thank you