From: SQL on
I have created some databases no init from SQL Server 2005 maintenance
plan. I want to do Init backups and override the backups I made in the
past with no init. If I do through SQL Agent code, will this take care
of the problem or some other way?
From: Erland Sommarskog on
SQL (texassqldba(a)gmail.com) writes:
> I have created some databases no init from SQL Server 2005 maintenance
> plan. I want to do Init backups and override the backups I made in the
> past with no init. If I do through SQL Agent code, will this take care
> of the problem or some other way?

I'm not sure what your question is. If you say

BACKUP DATABASE db TO DISK = 'some_file.bak' WITH INIT

everything that was in that file will be overwritten.

Links for SQL Server Books Online: