From: v yelsukov on
I have a Windows 2000 domain tree.

There is root domain and three children: X, Y, and Z.

Each domain has a single domain controller, and I've tried running "dcdiag
/v" on both enterprise and local administrator accounts on each of the
children domains. Enterprise diagnostics do not show any replication errors,
however, when I run "dcdiag /v" under local administrator account on each of
the children domains I get a single error:

X:

[Replications Check, ROOT] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error
8453
Replication access was denied.

[Replications Check, Z] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error 8453
Replication access was denied.

[Replications Check, Z] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error 8453
Replication access was denied.

[Replications Check, ROOT] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error
8453
Replication access was denied.

Y:

[Replications Check, ROOT] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error
8453
Replication access was denied.

[Replications Check, Z] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error 8453
Replication access was denied.

[Replications Check, ROOT] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error
8453
Replication access was denied.

[Replications Check, Z] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error 8453
Replication access was denied.

Z:
[Replications Check, Y] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error 8453
Replication access was denied.

[Replications Check, X] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error 8453
Replication access was denied.

[Replications Check, X] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error 8453
Replication access was denied.

[Replications Check, Y] DsReplicaGetInfo (REPSTO) failed with error 8453
Replication access was denied.

Is this an expected behavior under local administrator accounts (meaning,
are the shown results normal under local domain admins and should they be
different under enterprise ones?). If it's not normal - then could someone
please tell me what should be changed and/or set on the domains to fix this
situation?
--
Victor