From: jm27102 on
I'd like to update a report parameter in SSRS with something similar to the
following:

@parameter= select Max(date) from table so it may be displayed in a report
header
or a report footer.

has anyone tried this?

From: John Bell on
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:44:41 -0700, jm27102
<jm27102(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'd like to update a report parameter in SSRS with something similar to the
>following:
>
>@parameter= select Max(date) from table so it may be displayed in a report
>header
>or a report footer.
>
>has anyone tried this?
Hi

Why do you want to update a parameter?

Create a dataset with the query and then add the field to the
textbox's value so the expression for the value would be

="The report header " + First(Fields!DatasetValue.Value,
"HeaderValue")

If your dataset iis called HeaderValue with the query

select Max(date) AS [DatasetValue] from table

John