From: Madison on
Hi there,
I develop web application using reportviewer for VS2008 on 64-bit machine. I
can deploy to test server(64-bit) machine and it ran fine. But when move to
production server(64-bit). I got the message that say "Could not load file or
assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel, Version=9.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies"
Then I download the redistributable 2008 from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CC96C246-61E5-4D9E-BB5F-416D75A1B9EF&displaylang=en
and try to install it, I got the message ask do I want to repair or remove
reportviewer 2005? I will need reportviewer 2005 for other web application.
Did Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 replace 2005? Can I still
ran reportviewer for 2005? Can reportviewer 2005 and 2008 ran on the same
server? Any ideas. Thanks.

From: Zhi-Qiang Ni[MSFT] on
Hi Madison,

As your test server (64-bit) works well, I assume that you have changed the
.NET environment in IIS Application Pool's setting to 'Enable 32-bit'. So,
please make sure you build the production server and the test server with
the same environment.
You said that when you installed the redistributable 2008, there was a
message ask you to repair or remove the ReportViewer 2005. I think maybe
you download the different file, the 2005 version instead of the 2008
version. Because, the Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 can only repair or
remove the ReportViewer 2008 if it already exists. The same to version
2005.
In the other hand, that two versions can be installed on the same server,
as for which version the applications use, it is based on the web config
file. It the config file refer to version 9.0, then the application will
use ReportViewer 9.0.

--
Sincerely,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

Microsoft Online Support

From: Madison on
Thank you for your reply.

Can you give me the link to reportviwer redistributable 2008? I downloaded
from this link
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CC96C246-61E5-4D9E-BB5F-416D75A1B9EF&displaylang=en
and they asked me to repair or remove for 2005. Thanks.

From: Zhi-Qiang Ni[MSFT] on
Hi Madison,

Please check the version of the download Report Viewer Redistributable
again. Right click the exe file--> 'properties'--> 'Details' -->'Product
version'--> check whether the value is '9.0.XXXX'.

If you still get the same result, send the screenshot of the 'Message'
here to help me find the clue please .

--
Sincerely,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

Microsoft Online Support

From: Madison on
Thank you for your reply.
I have to wait until my admin network come back from vacation to try out.