From: femig on
Hello,

I have a requirement for a Reporting Solution for an Enterprise
Reporting Solution for a 20TB Oracle (running on Unix) Datawarehouse
that does about 150M Transactions a day. There are about 300 users and
not more than 30 concurrent users.

They already have a MOSS 2007 Installation so i need specs for the
SSAS Server which will sit on its own server.

My questions are;

1) What should the specs (RAM, Processor, Disk Space) of this SSAS
Server be?
2) What would the specs of the SSRS Server be?
3) Any other special considerations?

Thanks
From: epdAaronK on
I'd buy the highest machine you could possibly afford for SSAS,
especially memory size and processor cores.. and for SSRS, I'd
concentrate on moderate size (dual socket, 6 cores?), heavy disk IO