From: Dale Fye on
I've got an Access 2007 app that is using Sharepoint (MOSS 2007) lists as my
data store.

Some of my users are experiencing extreme latency issues, so I'm testing
allowing them to take the data offline, and then resynch later. Taking it
offline via a popup menu works great, and really speeds up the application.
I use

Docmd.runcommand acCmdToggleOffline

to take the data offline.

I'm still testing bringing the data back on line, making sure the
one-to-many and many-to-many relationships that are built while offline
make it back into the lists appropriately, and testing the resolution of
change conflicts. If anyone can comment on their experiences in this area,
I'd appreciate it.

My problem is that I have not been able to locate the appropriate runcommand
constant or any other method to put the data back online. So far, I have
had to use the ribbons bar to do this, but I generally hide the ribbon from
my users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dale Fye

From: GBA on
To reconnect to the SP site and sync the data, click the Work Online button
in the SP Lists group on the External Data tab

to be honest our experiment w/ SP didn't work, not because of the
technology, but because the SP managers were a different group and weren't
responsive to our needs so we side stepped it by using the AccessTables.com
service instead. may or may not work for you...depends on your situation.

you mention latency/delay; Access FE still should be on the same LAN as the
SPserver...use of SP as the BE hub doesn't make Access work over a WAN per
se...so you have to have your expectations in line with the technology....

hope this helps a little....

"Dale Fye" wrote:

> I've got an Access 2007 app that is using Sharepoint (MOSS 2007) lists as my
> data store.
>
> Some of my users are experiencing extreme latency issues, so I'm testing
> allowing them to take the data offline, and then resynch later. Taking it
> offline via a popup menu works great, and really speeds up the application.
> I use
>
> Docmd.runcommand acCmdToggleOffline
>
> to take the data offline.
>
> I'm still testing bringing the data back on line, making sure the
> one-to-many and many-to-many relationships that are built while offline
> make it back into the lists appropriately, and testing the resolution of
> change conflicts. If anyone can comment on their experiences in this area,
> I'd appreciate it.
>
> My problem is that I have not been able to locate the appropriate runcommand
> constant or any other method to put the data back online. So far, I have
> had to use the ribbons bar to do this, but I generally hide the ribbon from
> my users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Dale Fye
>

> .

Pages: 1
Prev: maike yordano pirela vera