From: magix on
I just want to pass the parameter value to javascript in another asp file.

Question is how's the usage of Request.Form in javascript ? Or is it
possible to use Request.Form in javascript

Regards.

From: Evertjan. on
magix wrote on 22 dec 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

> <script language="javascript">
> var TimeSec = new string (request.form("TimeInSec"));
> </script>

You are mixing serverside code,
ASP-vbscript or ASP-j[ava]script,
with clientside Javascript.

That is imposible as the two interpreters run on seperate machines
and not even at the same time.
Serverside coding renders a stream of HTML [+ clientside scripts]
that are sent to the client, read browser.

ASP Request.form() returns a string if it exists.

So try this:

<script language="javascript">
var s = '<% = request.form("v1") %>'; // posting a string
var n = <% = request.form("v2") %>; // posting a number
</script>

The string should not contain '-s

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
magix wrote:
> For example, there are 2 files, file1.asp and file2.asp
> in File1.asp, i have
> <form name="abc" method="post" action="file2.asp">
>
> loop through some Db table record, and assign the value, like
> <input type="hidden" name="QTimeInSec" value="<%=QTimeInSec%>">
> </form>
> after SUBMIT the form,
> in File2.asp, i need to assign the value of request.form("TimeInSec") to
> javascript variables for some further actions.

<script type="text/javascript">
var timeSec = <%= Request.Form("TimeInSec") %>;
</script>

This is not really a J(ava)Script issue, but it is about understanding how
ASP(.NET) works (which is off-topic here).

PointedEars
From: magix on
Thanks Evertjan. This works well.