From: Dan.Morav on
Hello,

I'd like to submit a new TPM driver.

Attached is a new driver for Nuvoton TPM with I2C interface.
- tpm_i2c.c is the driver code
- tpm.h and Makefile are added only for reference and stand alone compilation

The driver should be part of the drivers/char/tpm.
The driver uses standard Linux I2C bus driver interface to access the I2C bus.
The driver uses standard Linux TPM driver API.
The driver was tested on Linux kernel v2.6.31.

Please advice if any further information is required.

Regards,
Dan.
_________________________
Dan Morav
Advanced PC
Nuvoton Technology Israel Ltd.
Office +972.9.970.2388
eMail: dan.morav(a)nuvoton.com

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Nuvoton is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.

From: Ohad Ben-Cohen on
Hi Dan,

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:31 PM, <Dan.Morav(a)nuvoton.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to submit a new TPM driver.

Thank you for submitting a new driver.

However please note that your code is licensed under GPLv3:

* Nuvoton TPM I2C Device Driver Interface for WPCT301,
* based on the TCG TPM Interface Spec version 1.2.
* Specifications at www.trustedcomputinggroup.org
*
* Copyright (C) 2010, Nuvoton Technology Corporation.
*
* This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.

The Linux kernel is licensed under GPLv2 which is not compatible with
GPLv3, so please (consider to) relicense to GPLv2 and only then
resubmit.

Also please check out Documentation/SubmittingPatches for guidance how
to submit code to the Linux kernel (no attachments please, instead use
plain in-line patches text).

Thanks,
Ohad.

From: Marcel Selhorst on
Hi Dan,

thanks for the driver. When submitting the patch, could you please add some
information, where / on what platforms this chip can be found?

Also, could you please rename your driver to tpm_nuvoton_i2c.c (or
similar)? There are other I2C-TPM device drivers from other vendors
currently in the process of being included and we need to distinguish
between these.

I had a very quick look over your code, could you please put your #defines
on top of the file? And please provide a complete patch (including KConfig
/ Makefile) against Linux instead of sending individual files.

Thanks,
Marcel

--
Sirrix AG security technologies -- http://www.sirrix.com
Dipl.-Ing. Marcel Selhorst eMail: m.selhorst(a)sirrix.com

Vorstand: Ammar Alkassar (Vors.), Christian Stueble
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Prof. Dr. Kai Rannenberg
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Homburg/Saar, HRB 3857 Amtsgericht Saarbruecken

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or
take any action based on this message or any information herein.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender
immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
From: Randy Dunlap on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:57:20 +0200 Marcel Selhorst wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> thanks for the driver. When submitting the patch, could you please add some
> information, where / on what platforms this chip can be found?
>
> Also, could you please rename your driver to tpm_nuvoton_i2c.c (or
> similar)? There are other I2C-TPM device drivers from other vendors
> currently in the process of being included and we need to distinguish
> between these.
>
> I had a very quick look over your code, could you please put your #defines
> on top of the file? And please provide a complete patch (including KConfig
> / Makefile) against Linux instead of sending individual files.

It should also be submitted as a patch to the current kernel.
This matters for the Kconfig / Makefile changes.

---
~Randy