From: species8350 on
Hi,

I am looking for a free Rescue Disk, that will update signatures when
using a pc that connects via wi-fi.

I have looked at Avira. Looks like a good disk, but only updates via a
wired pc.

Any advice greatfully received.

Thanks.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350(a)xoxy.net>

| Hi,

| I am looking for a free Rescue Disk, that will update signatures when
| using a pc that connects via wi-fi.

| I have looked at Avira. Looks like a good disk, but only updates via a
| wired pc.

| Any advice greatfully received.

| Thanks.

I doubt one exists as therfe are way too many variables for WiFi connectivity.

--
Dave

From: species8350 on
On Apr 20, 9:30 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
wrote:
> From: "species8350" <not_here.5.species8...(a)xoxy.net>
>
> | Hi,
>
> | I am looking for a free Rescue Disk, that will update signatures when
> | using a pc that connects via wi-fi.
>
> | I have looked at Avira. Looks like a good disk, but only updates via a
> | wired pc.
>
> | Any advice greatfully received.
>
> | Thanks.

> I doubt one exists as therfe are way too many variables for WiFi connectivity.
>
> --
> Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Thanks for responding.

Just a scenario.

If a pc becomes infected and a rescue disk is used, what good would it
be with out of date signatures?

I assume that the only way out is to make an current Rescue CD on
another machine, then attemt to boot this disk from the infected
machine.

Best wishes..

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350(a)xoxy.net>

| Thanks for responding.

| Just a scenario.

| If a pc becomes infected and a rescue disk is used, what good would it
| be with out of date signatures?

| I assume that the only way out is to make an current Rescue CD on
| another machine, then attemt to boot this disk from the infected
| machine.

| Best wishes..

I agree. That's why a rescue disk on Read-Only media (such as a CDROM/DVD) is limited vs.
a rescue disk on Read-Write media (such as a Flash drive).

--
Dave

From: FromTheRafters on
"species8350" <not_here.5.species8350(a)xoxy.net> wrote in message

Just a scenario.

If a pc becomes infected and a rescue disk is used, what good would it
be with out of date signatures?

***
That depends on how new the malware you are trying to remove is.
***

Pages: 1
Prev: Virus
Next: TT Livescan Update Details 4-21-10