From: Hans Müller on
Hello,

I need some buffers, which are beeing concatenated an then send via
the socket() function.
My problem is that create_string_buffer() creates a buffer which ist
one byte too long (for a \0 char). But when I concatenate some of
these buffers to a long one to be transfered, the extra byte is
corrupting the resulting buffer.
Of course I could slice the buffer before being concatended, but
this looks ugly to me.
Is there a way to create a writeable buffer object without the \0 byte ?

Thanks a lot

Hans
From: Emile van Sebille on
On 3/19/2010 11:46 AM Hans M�ller said...
> Hello,
>
> I need some buffers, which are beeing concatenated an then send via the
> socket() function.
> My problem is that create_string_buffer() creates a buffer which ist one
> byte too long (for a \0 char). But when I concatenate some of these
> buffers to a long one to be transfered, the extra byte is corrupting the
> resulting buffer.
> Of course I could slice the buffer before being concatended, but
> this looks ugly to me.
> Is there a way to create a writeable buffer object without the \0 byte ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Hans

>>> p = create_string_buffer(5)
>>> p.raw='hello'