From: Michael on
I resolved the problem with Microsoft.

The issue is that the Default Settings for the Mail Enable Recipient System Policy located at

CN=Mail Enable Recipient,CN=System Policies,CN=Lake County,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=lakeco,DC=org

was set up default to only query users with the following PurportedSearch Value:

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)(homeMdb=*))

We needed to change it to

(|(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)(targetAddress=*))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact)(mailnickname=*)(targetAddress=*))(&(objectCategory=group)(mailnickname=*))(&(objectCategory=publicFolder)(mailnickname=*)))

Gestalt wrote:

Re: non-dynamic distribution groups missing legacyExchangeDN attribute
03-Feb-09

On Jan 27, 2:19=A0pm, Gestalt <sspenn...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
th

We have temporarily addressed the problem by engineering a powershell
script to scan all of our non-dynamic distribution groups and to
assign legacyExchangeDN attributes where they are missing, which is
the case on all new groups.
Obviously this is a sub-optimal solution and I still would like to
find a permanent solution.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?
Our Default Policy under E-mail Address Policies appears to be default
and we've even tried reapplying it with no change detected. Our mail
enabled users appear to be fine. They have the proper
legacyExchangeDN attribute.

On Friday, January 23, 2009 7:28 PM
Andy David {MVP} wrote:

Re: non-dynamic distribution groups missing legacyExchangeDN attribute
Did you remove the Exchange 2003 Administrative Group or mess in
anyway with the default recipient policy?

On Monday, January 26, 2009 7:31 AM
Gestalt wrote:

non-dynamic distribution groups missing legacyExchangeDN attribute
In August my organization completed our migration from Exchange 2003
to Exchange 2007. Unfortunately we have been plagued by problems with
new, non-dynamic mail distribution and mail enabled security groups.

Mail sent to these groups via Outlook are not delivered and no non-
delivery notice is received by the sender.

If a user attempts to address a message to the group using OWA, there
is a prompt that there is more than one address (though OWA only shows
a single address).

None of the distribution groups have a legacyExchangeDN. I am aware
that RUS would have handled assigning this attribute were we still
running Exchange 2003 but this is no longer the case.

Obviously something is broken but we cannot determine what it is.

On Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:21 AM
Gestalt wrote:

Re: non-dynamic distribution groups missing legacyExchangeDN attribute
The Exchange 2003 Administrative Group has not been touched. Should
it be?
As far as I can tell, our default recipient policy is also unchanged.

On Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:24 AM
Gestalt wrote:

Re: non-dynamic distribution groups missing legacyExchangeDN attribute
On Jan 27, 2:19=A0pm, Gestalt <sspenn...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
th

We have temporarily addressed the problem by engineering a powershell
script to scan all of our non-dynamic distribution groups and to
assign legacyExchangeDN attributes where they are missing, which is
the case on all new groups.
Obviously this is a sub-optimal solution and I still would like to
find a permanent solution.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?
Our Default Policy under E-mail Address Policies appears to be default
and we've even tried reapplying it with no change detected. Our mail
enabled users appear to be fine. They have the proper
legacyExchangeDN attribute.

Measuring SharePoint Page Rendering
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/c0a9ac9e-53cd-442f-8981-9d5f236c2be5/measuring-sharepoint-page.aspx