From: lennox on

If I reinstall windows XP, will that restore iecontlcdll and
iecontdll...Just what do these files control. I know I have a hard time
booting up...

--
lennox
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Right-click on My Computer & select Properties: What Windows version is
displayed in the resulting General tab (e.g., Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 1)?

Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the computer fully patched at Windows
Update?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: lennox on

'PA Bear [MS MVP Wrote:
> ;3386287']Right-click on My Computer & select Properties: What Windows
> version is
> displayed in the resulting General tab (e.g., Windows XP Professional
> Service Pack 1)?
>
> Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the computer fully patched at
> Windows
> Update?

> Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> lennox wrote:-
> If I reinstall windows XP, will that restore iecontlcdll and
> iecontdll...Just what do these files control. I know I have a hard
> time
> booting up... -

It"s a windows XP home edition version 2002 service pack 3. I have been
using avast for several years.All window updates are installed...

--
lennox
From: Jose on
On Apr 10, 6:47 pm, lennox <lennox.606b...(a)pcbanter.net> wrote:
> If I reinstall windows XP, will that restore iecontlcdll and
> iecontdll...Just what do these files control. I know I have a hard time
> booting up...
>
> --
> lennox

Do you think the files need restoring and how did you come to that
conclusion?

Are you concerned about this kind of thing in the Internet Explorer
section of msinfo32?

iecont.dll <File Missing> Not Available Not Available Not Available
Not Available
iecontlc.dll <File Missing> Not Available Not Available Not Available
Not Available

These are not Windows Protected Files so if you get a suggestion to
"try running sfc /scannow", that will not relieve the described
symptom.

What is your definition of a "hard time booting up"?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
lennox wrote:
>>> If I reinstall windows XP, will that restore iecontlcdll and
>>> iecontdll...Just what do these files control. I know I have a hard
>>> time booting up...

<paste>
>> Right-click on My Computer & select Properties: What Windows
>> version is
>> displayed in the resulting General tab (e.g., Windows XP Professional
>> Service Pack 1)?
>>
>> Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the computer fully patched at
>> Windows
>> Update?

>> Defender)?
>> What third-party firewall (if any)?

>> bought it)?

</paste>
> It"s a windows XP home edition version 2002 service pack 3. I have been
> using avast for several years.All window updates are installed...

Repost: Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
the computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
bought it)?