From: Jon Tullett on
Hi all

I've had a bit of a Google but not come up with an answer for this -
hoping someone can help me out. Apologies if I've missed something
excruciatingly obvious.

I'd like to set up group aliases ("everyone@", sort of thing) but
restrict them from external senders so that only internal users can
make use of them.

I use SASL to authenticate, so I guess ideally I'd like to be able to
reject mail sent to a specific alias if the connection isn't
authenticated, or at least reject the mail if the sender address isn't
in my domain.

Is this feasible? Thanks in advance for any help!

(Most forums seem to just suggest keeping aliases secret, but aliases
are always going to be guessable even if they aren't leaked, so I
don't think that's much of a solution!)

-Jon

From: Wietse Venema on
Jon Tullett:
> Hi all
>
> I've had a bit of a Google but not come up with an answer for this -
> hoping someone can help me out. Apologies if I've missed something
> excruciatingly obvious.

This is described in http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html,

Wietse