From: Max on
I'm using 2 form buttons which runs 2 different subs. The buttons are on the
same sheet. I wish to restrict the activation of one of the 2 buttons
(assigned to the sub below) to only authorised persons via say, a password
prompt? which appears upon clicking the button. Grateful for an example or
two of how this control could be done. Thanks

Sub TestReset()
Sheet8.Select
Range("D10").Value = Range("G15").Value
Range("D11").Value = Range("D15").Value
End Sub
From: Cerberus on
I would try something like this:

Sub TestRest()
Sheet8.Select
Dim ThePassWord As String
Dim t As String
t = "What's the password"
ThePassWord = InputBox(prompt:=t)
If UCase(ThePassWord) = "BATTLEFIELD" Then
Range("D10").Value = Range("G15").Value
Else
MsgBox "That is incorrect."
End If
End Sub

The password would be BATTLEFIELD in this example

From: Max on
Thanks, Cerberus. How could it be re-expressed the other way around, ie
check the password, then exit sub immediately (with the error msg) if
password is incorrect?

Pages: 1
Prev: RIBBON COLOR
Next: VBA Password Recovery