From: flep on
I have a user that logged into her Windows XP PC and didn't realize she was
in a TEMP user profile. She then moved all the files from her true windows
profile to the temp profile. She then rebooted and lost all the documents
from her desktop.

Is there any way to recover the documents that were in the TEMP profile?

Thanks in advance!
From: John John - MVP on
Please explain what is the "TEMP" profile. Who created the TEMP
profile? Was the profile and its files deleted by someone after she
logged out? If not the files should still all be there in the TEMP profile.

John

From: flep on
Literally temporary user profile. In folder documents and settings where are
all profiles was hidden folder (/profile) called "TEMP" and when I restarted
system it was gone! With files:(

From: John John - MVP on
Was the user using a roaming profile?

John

From: flep on
I'm sorry but what does roaming user mean?
A computer was used by it's owner but windows made (I don't know why) a
temporary user profile which was deleted after reset and win came back to
normal profile...
Now i need to restore files from this temp profile

;)

"John John - MVP" wrote:

> Was the user using a roaming profile?
>
> John
>
> flep wrote:
> > Literally temporary user profile. In folder documents and settings where are
> > all profiles was hidden folder (/profile) called "TEMP" and when I restarted
> > system it was gone! With files:(
> >

> > "John John - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Please explain what is the "TEMP" profile. Who created the TEMP
> >> profile? Was the profile and its files deleted by someone after she
> >> logged out? If not the files should still all be there in the TEMP profile.
> >>
> >> John

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Error Message