From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz on
Le Vendredi 11 Décembre 2009 16:14:43, Giovanni Mancuso a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> i have a question, about return-path header in emails.
>
> Can i configure postfix to don't override this tag if it is alredy present?
>
> Thanks

Regarding this question, I have other. Dont ask why bu tI have this at
cleanup:
/^Received:.*/x IGNORE
/^x400-received:.*/x IGNORE
/via/x IGNORE
/mail-from/x IGNORE

So we get rid of return path.
As a consecuence we have that sender User wont realize that his email has a
problem in case destination reject it.

can anyone confirm this asseveration?

Thanx

LD

From: Wietse Venema on
Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i have a question, about return-path header in emails.
> >
> > Can i configure postfix to don't override this tag if it is alredy present?

No. The Return-Path: header is added at the time of FINAL delivery.

> Regarding this question, I have other. Dont ask why bu tI have this at
> cleanup:
> /^Received:.*/x IGNORE
> /^x400-received:.*/x IGNORE
> /via/x IGNORE
> /mail-from/x IGNORE
>
> So we get rid of return path.

No, you don't get rid of Return-Path. This header is added at the
time of FINAL delivery.

> As a consecuence we have that sender User wont realize that his email has a
> problem in case destination reject it.

No, the error is reported to the ENVELOPE sender address,
as required by the Internet mail standards.

This is the address in the SMTP "MAIL FROM" command. This address
is not copied from a message HEADER.

Wietse