From: 509d410cf194382a73729bcddc5ef48f on
Hi,

I've got a local mail server that is responsible for delivering all my
mail to the recipients. It does this by forwarding it to the strato
mailserver using smtp authentication. As I do have accounts with
different providers, my mails do have different sender domains. That's
why the strato mailserver refuses them. Though I recognized that the
strato mailserver does not check the From header in the message, so it
would work if postfix would send
MAIL FROM: <postmaster(a)stratodomain.de>
but leave the original mail untouched. I've found options for postfix
to rewrite the sender address which will also fix the headers but I have
not found a postfix option that does not touch the headers but only
the smtp MAIL FROM transmitted sender address. Due to the amount of
different accounts and due to the server being shared by my family, I
don't want to set up a sender based relay host and authentication mapping.

Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks a lot in advance,
M. Braun

From: 509d410cf194382a73729bcddc5ef48f on
Hi,

> [rewrite sender envelope address only]

I just got it working using canonical mapping and canonical_classes.

Regards,
M. Braun