From: neverbeen on

Right click on folders to delete or rename etc. just shows hourglass.
And I can't change desktop to my own pictures all of a sudden as Browse
shows blank. Have XP Home. PC was recently renovated like new. Any
ideas? I ran spyware and Virus Scan...neg.

--
neverbeen
From: neverbeen on

PC was slow and I was on Dial Up.....various things were not working. I
took it in and my local techies replaced motherboard, RAM and added RAM,
power supply, all you can replace. The motherboard was defective
causing most of the trouble.
It worked fine for a few weeks then I got fed up with Dial Up and went
to Metrocast. It was great to have high speed and worked fine. I
still have no problem getting online or surfing or staying online.
Today I called my techies and they said the mouse thing sounded like
something in Explorer that they would look at but couldn't talk me
through on the phone. We just had a monster snowstorm and I am 12
miles away so I don't know how soon I can get there. Last night, all
was working fine. I even changed my desktop and the mouse was right
clicking fine. Today also. But an hour ago it went off again. I ran
Virus Scan and spyware all neg. It is a few week old mouse, optical.
The old mouse that goes in a USB also won't work. Programs won't
shut.....get Not responding messages. Once that hourglass is on I have
to shut it down with the button. Is this enough info. ?

--
neverbeen
From: neverbeen on

Thanks anyway, Leonard.....