From: Indigo Casson on
Hello!

I am writing a programing language in Ruby called Rorth. It started life
as a forth interpreter, but quickly morphed into its own language. You
can find Rorth at http://github.com/indigo747/Rorth

Features:
Conditionals!
Loops!
An Interactive System!
Stack Based!
Pure Ruby!
Fairly Simple Code!

Opportunities for Obfuscation!
Rorth code is split along spaces, and each chunk of code is interpreted
separably. In the process of interpretation, the code is analyzed to see
if it defines a word, to see if it's a primary, to see if it's a loop or
if statement, and to see if it is an existing word. However, once it has
checked each piece of code, it does not move directly onward to the next
piece of code, it moves on to the next check. This means that if you
have a function "_word", that is _word surrounded by double quotation
marks, it will execute "_word" and will move "_word" onto the stack.
Huh.

!! Note !!
Note that Rorth is not full featured. It does not include comments,
arrays, multiple stacks, or any IO functions more complex than printing
out a number. This is, however, because the project currently has one
developer who happens to be a student with very little time to add new
features. This project needs devs! Please contact me through github,
through my blog, geeklob.wordpress.com, through twitter, macs4all, or
identi.ca, "indigo". Thanks for you time and help,

-Indigo

From: Ryan Davis on

On Apr 12, 2010, at 22:06 , Indigo Casson wrote:

> I am writing a programing language in Ruby called Rorth. It started life
> as a forth interpreter, but quickly morphed into its own language. You
> can find Rorth at http://github.com/indigo747/Rorth

cool!