From: Linn Kubler on
Hi,

This seems like it's probably real easy but I am struggling. I have a
report with a dozen or more columns, the first few are text and date data
but the last 5 are numeric and I'd like to put a total at the end of each
row. What's the best way to do this in RS? Can I create a formula in a
calculated cell or should I do it in the initial dataset query?

SQL 2005

Thanks in advance,
Linn

From: Linn Kubler on
Update... I created a new column and just simply added the fields of
interest and that seems to be working. If there is a more elegant solution
I'm all ears.

Next issue though is that I also want column totals in the footer, not much
of a problem, however, I am not sure how to total the new column I entered.
Suggestions?

Thanks,
Linn

From: Uri Dimant on
Linn
Pehaps it is possible to have a calculated column in T-SQL