From: ordnance1 on
Below is the RowSource I would like to use for the ListBox on my UserForm.
Can this be done without actually opening the source document
(EmployeeList.xlsm)?

'[EmployeeList.xlsm]Employee_List'!$A$2:$Z$300

From: p45cal on

It might be, but it would have to include the path.
What can be done for sure is data in cells from a closed workbook can
be placed in an open workbook, just with formulas like:
='C:\Documents and Settings\FredBloggs\My
Documents\[Boook1.xls]Data'!$C$3
Now all you need to do is put that local cell range inot your rowsource
property - perhaps even making it a dynamic named range.

1
;
6
9
7
1
7
2

:

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=194950

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: joel on

It will work the first time you enter the row source but won't
automaticaly update unless you open the workbook

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229

From: p45cal on

Even with something like this:

VBA Code:
--------------------

ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:="C:\Docum......boook1.xls", Type:=xlExcelLinks

--------------------

in the code that initialises your userform?

;
7
0
0
2
1
1

:

From: joel on

From the help on Updatelinks

Remarks
XlUpdateLinks can be one of these XlUpdateLinks constants.
xlUpdateLinksAlways Embedded OLE links are always updated for the
specified workbook.
xlUpdateLinksNever Embedded OLE links are never updated for the
specified workbook.
xlUpdateLinksUserSetting Embedded OLE links are updated according to
the user's settings for the specified workbook.

Updatelinks says the links can be updated, not when the links get
updated. The links do not get uypdated until the workbook is opened.

Don't blame me for things that don't work that way people expect them
to work.