Prev: Class extension
Next: RForum
From: kevid on
Hi all,

am working on a platform that uses ruby but has not all the File class
of ruby implemented. For instance,

File.read is not implemented.

Can anyone help me with the link or how to get the ruby file class (i
mean the file that contains ruby file class). so i can add it to my
application or the framework i use.
From: Jesús Gabriel y Galán on
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:35 PM, kevid <alumsimportant(a)yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> am working on a platform that uses ruby but has not all the File class
> of ruby implemented. For instance,
>
> File.read is not implemented.

What platform is that?

> Can anyone help me with the link or how to get the ruby file class (i
> mean the file that contains ruby file class). so i can add it to my
> application or the framework i use.

In MRI, the File class is implemented in C. This is the .c file for ruby 1.8.7:

http://svn.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/branches/ruby_1_8_7/file.c?revision=24114&view=markup

I don't know if this is useful for you or not.

Jesus.

Pages: 1
Prev: Class extension
Next: RForum