From: Phillip Gawlowski on
On 29.12.2009 07:49, Kathy Lee wrote:

> Oh thanks, appreciate it. Would you please recommend a decent IDE in
> that case?

Well, *that* opens a whole can of worms. ;)

Me, I use NetBeans if I have to have access to IDE features.
Otherwise, I'm happy with vim (if you are on Windows, I can point you to
an article I wrote in getting vim 7.2 to work with Ruby from within
vim), or Notepad++, simple text editors.

All of these choices are Free as in beer, as well as in speech.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser on
Kathy Lee wrote:
> Phillip Gawlowski wrote:
>>>
>>> It's the Ruby interpreter, i.e Ruby.exe
>>
>> Then, apparently, your IDE is throwing the error.
>>
>> BTW, we refer to Ruby as "Ruby RUBY_VERSION", not as "Ruby SDK". :)
>
> Oh thanks, appreciate it. Would you please recommend a decent IDE in
> that case?

Try working without an IDE. Ruby doesn't benefit from IDEs nearly as
much as Java does. I recommend a good editor such as jEdit or
KomodoEdit instead. NetBeans *mostly* has good Ruby support, if you
really need an IDE.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser