From: Luke Pillow on

Hello,

I wanted to let everyone know that the Ruby Midwest conference speaker
lineup has been announced. I've listed the speakers and talks below, but
check out the Speakers page <http://rubymidwest.com/speakers.html> (
http://rubymidwest.com/speakers.html) on the website for details.

I'm also excited to announce that Intridea <http://intridea.com/> (
http://intridea.com) is sponsoring *OMGWTFBBQ* <http://bbq.rubymidwest.com/>(
http://bbq.rubymidwest.com), a dinner at the conference hotel with Kansas
City barbecue open to all attendees after the first day of the conference.

Register <http://rubymidwest.stagehq.com/events/219/booking/new> to attend
before May 15 for this 2 day, single-track, 20 speaker conference for only
$75. (http://rubymidwest.stagehq.com/events/219/booking/new)

*Speakers:*

- Yehuda Katz - Keynote
- Chris Wanstrath - Keynote
- Joshua French - A New Set of Wheels: Leveraging Ruby for System
Administration
- Luigi Montanez - Civic Hacking
- John Williams - Cooking 101 - Getting Started with Chef
- Kyle J. Ginavan, Ryan Felton - Integration Testing Strategies: Locally
and on the Grid
- Adam McCrea - jQuery and Rails, Sitting in a Tree
- Charles Nutter - JRuby
- Aman Gupta & Joe Damato - Memprof: the ruby level memory profiler
- Brandon Dimcheff - Metawhat? A look into the mysterious metaclass
- Steven Bristol - Mobile Safari Apps
- John Hwang - Object Oriented, Unobtrusive CSS
- Alex Sharp - Practical Ruby Projects with MongoDB
- Travis Swicegood - Pragmatic Guide to Git
- Rob Kaufman & Patrick Crowley - Real World Rails: Migrating Legacy Data
- Nick Quaranto - Redis: Persistence Power
- Jeremy Evans - Ruby Techniques By Example
- Mark Daggett - Surviving the last 20%: Indispensable real-world tips
and techniques for Facebook development that pick up where Facebook gems and
plugins leave off.
- Wesley Beary - User Experience for Library Designers
- Cory Flanigan - Zero to Hero

Thanks,
Luke Pillow
http://rubymidwest.com